Having become a popular standard in tuners and an indispensable item for brass band or orchestra thanks to its superior basic functionality and convenient functions, the CA series now has a fresh new look. Carrying on the stylish design with its simple layout of the basic functions, the note name display has been enlarged and the meter made even more visible. This is a must-have item not only for beginners but also for a wide range of musical instrument performers. The CA-2 delivers the high precision, sensitivity, and simple ease of use that you expect from KORG tuners, providing stable tuning functionality in any situation from personal practice to ensembles and concert practice.
KORG's needle-style meter that shows you the pitch quickly and accurately now has a note name and string name display area that's approximately four times larger, making it easier than ever to read. Red and green LEDs to indicate the pitch discrepancy are also provided for even smoother tuning.
The CA-2 is a pocket-sized card-type tuner that's easy to carry anywhere. The rounded body is comfortable to hold in your hand, and now has an even more stylish design that accents the battery compartment. It uses a new mechanism that lets you replace the battery by sliding the entire body, so there's no risk of losing the battery compartment cover.
The CA-2 supports a broad range of A0-C8, allowing speedy and high-precision tuning of wind, string, keyboard, and other instruments. In addition to the high-sensitivity built-in microphone, a separately sold CM-200 contact microphone can be used to send the vibrations directly to the tuner for even more accurate tuning.
The calibration function (410-480 Hz) can be adjusted in 1 Hz steps for accurate and flexible tuning to any song or key.
Inaccuracies of the harmonies in a triad are particularly easy to notice when played by an ensemble such as a brass band or orchestra. By slightly adjusting the pitch of a major or minor third relative to the equal-tempered interval, a beautiful-sounding pure third can be obtained. The meter scale of the CA-2 includes markings to indicate pure major and minor thirds relative to a specified pitch. Simply by tuning your instrument to these markings, you can perform beautiful, pure harmonies when playing in an ensemble.* The choice of note to adjust when tuning to a pure major or minor third will depend on the music you're performing.
In addition to tuning visually with the meter, you can also tune by ear using a Sound Out mode that's chromatically adjustable in the range of C4–C5.
The high-efficiency long-life design allows approximately 100 hours of continuous operation on two AAA zinc-carbon batteries or approximately 200 hours on alkaline batteries.
- Scale: 12 note equal temperament
- Detection Range: A0 (27.50Hz) - C8 (4186.01Hz): Sine wave
- Reference Tone: C4 (261.63Hz) - C5 (523.25Hz): One octave
- Tuning Modes: Meter mode, Sound Out mode
- Calibration Range: A4 = 410Hz - 480Hz (1Hz steps)
- Detection Accuracy: +/- 1 cent
- Sound Accuracy: +/- 1.5 cent
- Connectors: INPUT jack (1/4” monaural phone jack
- Power Supply: Two AAA batteries (3V)
- Battery Life: Approximately 200 hours (alkaline batteries, Meter mode, A4 continuous input). Approximately 100 hours (zinc-carbon batteries, Meter mode, A4 continuous input)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 100 x 60 x 16 mm / 3.94” x 2.36” x 0.63”
- Weight: 67 g / 2.36 oz. (including batteries)
- Included Items: Two AAA batteries for verifying operation
- Accessories: Contact Microphone CM-200